Followers

Monday 18 March 2019

Trinket Box No1

Hi Crafters


I love to browse YouTube for all types of crafts and see what makes are out there. Sometimes there are new ideas and sometimes some lovely reminders of past cards or boxes made.

My recent trawls have come up with some lovely trinket boxes. The one shown below, however, is completely my own design. I tried one on YouTube and did not like the way I had finished to sections inside so came up with this alternative. I am much happier with the finish on the sections and also it is much bigger than most demonstrated on YT, which for me is a bonus as it makes it more versatile.



The box is 24cm wide and 12.5cm deep 2cm high

Having made the basic box I wrote my measurements down and instructions ready to make the next one. 

It was not long before I decided I needed to familiarise myself with workings of this box and make another from my instructions. So it will not be long before you see the next one I made, I just need to finish the decoration.

This one has been made with quite masculine travel card and the opener is a lighthouse charm
I thought it would be good for stationary items such as paperclips, post it notes etc. 
Then I added the flowers which slightly changed the theme and I am now thinking it could be hair clips bows and ties etc, Jewellery or a goodie box with a mixture of sweets and chocolates. Or for Easter a mixture of present and small chocolate eggs.

Happy Crafting 
Dee
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment