Followers

Saturday 21 September 2019

Christmas Crafting


Hi Crafters

I have had a lovely weekend housework done and then down to crafting.

Lots of prep to do for my workshops and Christmas Fayres, so lists galore at the moment.

I try to plan the makes for Craft Fayres, or you are in danger of having lots of different items on the table which is just confusing to the buyer.


This year I am trying to keep it to 6-8 paper crafts plus 3-4 sewn items and possibly wreaths if I can find a way to display them.


As I am also trying to downsize the craft, (very unlikely but I have to try) I thought I would try to look at Craft Fayres items differently. What stock do I have in the cupboard and what can I make that fits the sale table. 


I had concertina files on my list of items to make as these are so useful. I also found some DL envelopes in the stash and thought I could add pretty cards to some of the files, as well as leave some just as files.Whilst this seemed like a good idea, having completed my trial piece I found I had a lot of cut pieces that were potential waste, but the fact that I was using up my card stash spurred me on. I cut all the card to make 6 files with 6 cards in each, and then sat down to consider how to use the other bits.


If you are making to sell, the product cost is important, and even if you are making for friends or charity you should be aware of the cost per item. The files with the cards worked out at £4.50 to make, so using the other pieces of card was important to reduce those costs overall. 

By planning and designing a product around the card scraps I was able to make another 4 items to sell. I added one more piece of 12 x 12 cards per make,  and A6 envelopes (which most of us have in the craft room) made a folder and then made 6 A6 cards and a mini flip album to go inside.  


Busy day, but none of the items are completely finished so I am unable to post a picture yet. However they will definitely feature in Christmas Craft Fayre posts which will run in November. If you want see my makes for the Craft Fayre, or other projects click on the follow button at the top of the page .


Now I am back to preparing my workshop items. 


Happy Crafting 

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment