Followers

Saturday 21 September 2019

Getting Prepared for Crafting Feasts

Hi Crafters

Anyone who reads my posts will know that I am an untidy worker with my desk being tidied regularly, and craft stash overhauled all the time in an effort to allow easy access for all the craft items I have. 

If, like me, you are an avid crafter, with  a large stash of craft equipment and stock, you will know how important it is to get your items in an orderly manner so you know where all the items are when you want to use  them.

Each new project uses a lot of items and I can never seem to get them all out and complete the project in one go, so they tend to get done in fits and starts and before the project is finished the next idea just has to be tried. With Christmas crafting starting and lots of items needed I needed a more organised approach. 

So I took everything off the desk, and had a good wipe down 



 Next I listed my craft items that I use all the time

Cutter
Scissors and small tools
Die cutting machine - kept in the cupboard 
Crop-adile

Other items are used depending on the project.

I then realised that the heaviest item, my BigSHot, was hauled out the cupboard every time I used it, often this meant items were not completed in one go as I would wait until i had several die cutting items to make. 

So only essential items went back on the desk, everything else was put away into the cupboard. This left me room to leave the Die Cutting machine on the desk. 

I still have room to use my cutter (which is how all projects start) and can then complete the item relatively easily including the embellishment and die cut items to decorate the items 

Here is a currrent project, and whilst I am not currently using the BigSHot, I  still have room to complete the items being made. These are Journals and need a outer sleeve, 3 inner shaped and structured layers and then they are held together with a button closure, and I want to make 8. All items are on the desk and provided I get rid of waste card, and put away glue etc as I complete that part the overal process is so much easier and cleaner. 

Even room for my large cup of tea.
I recommend checking your production area regularly, whether it is a little corner or a large craft room, by checking your style of crafting and the items you use regularly you will make the process more efficient.
I do need to make a cover for my Bigshot though so that needs to go on the list of things to make.
More about the project itself with my Christmas Craft Fayre posts 


Happy Crafting 
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment