Followers

Monday 3 August 2020

USing Up Your Paper Stash Week 2 - A5 pads

Using Up your Paper Stash A5 pads Part 1

Hi Crafters 

Here I am back with the next part of the series - Using up Your Stash
This time A5 paper pads 
 
I often buy these in the Works as they have some pretty prints at £2 a pad. I had a couple in my box and put them on the desk to think about designs. 
A thought came to me that if I cut off the top 7cm to make a cute little notelet  the remaining 15 cm of the page would make an envelope to hold the notelet and match. The pad has 24 pages 
I made 6 mini notelets 
I then folded 6 pages in half and made another 6 notelets that were A6 in size and added envelopes from the craft cupboard.
I used 2 pages to cover the gift bag I made to put the items in and I had a great little gift set 


The whole set used:
14 sheets of A5 papers
2 sheets of pink A4 card
6 A6 envelopes 
4 split pins 

To use up the A5 pad I made 6 notelets and added 6 A6 envelopes

And then used 6 sheets cut to 7cm for mini notelets leaving the remainder to make envelopes marking at 2 3/8”for the envelope maker.

 I then used 2 sheets of A4 card that coordinated

Cut 1.5” off each sheet for the 12” length and score 3/8” either side and fold in, glue down and run the bone folder over to make handles.

Cut the remaining pieces 10.5” long Score both pieces

1 3/4”,2 1/4”,8 ¼”, Turn and score at 1 ¾”

 From one piece cut out the bottom corners to the first score line

Second piece taper the corners ready to fold in

Glue two sides of the bag together on the bottom tabs

Lay out flat and using 2 pieces of coordinating papers score them 1” from the top and cut 2 ½” off the bottom

Glue inside the score lines and fold over the top of the bag. This strengthens the bag and makes it coordinate with the notelets

 Next add the handles

NB IF you use split pins cut 1” circles to cover the back and hot glue them on

Or use screw rivets to complete the bag look.

Hope you enjoy havinga go at this project and if you do please comment and show me your makes I would love to see them.

Back later in the week with a quick coffee break make and another lovely notelet set, this time ina folder.

Dee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment