Followers

Friday 12 March 2021

Easter Basket One and Two

 Hi Crafters


Well here is the first decorated basket.


I have just taken the basic basket and added some paper flowers on each side with a little ivy. The main flower has 4/5 layers each shaped with a ball tool to give them movement. The centre has a gem added and then it has been glued to a scalloped piece of plain cream card to highlight it. More flowers have been added to the handle.

The next one I have Decoupaged very simply with a simple sheet of napkin paper on both sides.
This needs to be added when the basic card is cut and before the the sides are cut and shaped. I rarely do decoupage so do not buy Modge Podge to do this. I add some water to PVA Glue and cover the card thoroughly. I then lay out my napkin take off any lower layers leaving just the printed single tissue. I spray the napkin with a fine spray of paper and carefully pick up the napkin tissue and lay it on the glued card surface. Leave it to dry and trim any overhang.





I have then added some cotton lace to complete the vintage look. It’s quite twee and girly. 

Back with the next couple of ideas soon 


Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment