Followers

Sunday 14 March 2021

Last Easter Basket No5

 Hello Crafters

Well here we are with the last of the Easter Baskets

This one uses the basic basket as shown in my  previous post. I have then embossed the card with an Anna Griffin embossing folder. It is very difficult to get the all over embossing on the base card, as the card is wider than the folder, so I have embossed 2 additional sections of card that fit over the side flaps, and glued them to the sides before making the cuts.


I then cut the base card and made the basket, adding a plain handle.

Next I  painted the whole basket with a solution of PVA glue to seal it and give it a slight gloss. When this was dry I hot glued the pretty mulberry flowers on the front and back. You could use a good quality wet glue such as ‘Glossy Accents’ which dries quickly and clear.

I hope you have enjoyed this short series for the Easter baskets and will make some for the egg hunts that will be taking place across the country. I am looking forward to making a gallery of the pictures from our WI members with their decorated baskets.

Keep checking back as I am in the process of making some lovely spring ‘Flower Pot’ cards which i will be sharing with you soon.

Happy Crafting
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment