Followers

Saturday 13 March 2021

Easter Basket Three and Four

 Hi Crafters


Today we have  another 2 finished baskets.

No3 of the Easter Baskets is similar to the decoupage but instead of tissue I have just used pretty papers.



The papers have a peachy rose print which I thought went well with the orange card stock

For this one you use the basket as the template to cut out the 4 sides of the basket and glue to the sides. I then decided to make this very girly and add some bling.






No 4 Is the complete opposite very earthy tones as it is made with cardboard style card and then covered in string. 



Make the basket up with a cardboard style card, and simply fold over the pointed tips and glue down, you can see them on the opposite side of the basket in the picture.

Then starting with the bottom of one side of the basket. Using a ball of string and a hot glue gun add a line of thin glue and then overlay with the string. Turn the basket and continue to run a line of string around the basket working the line up at each complete turn.

I could have used cardboard for the handle and covered it with string as well but I should have added the handle before I started adding the string to the main basket and didn’t, so I added a double row of string for the handle once I had finished the base. I then looped more string all the way across the handle pieces to hold the two strands together. Using some thicker string I made a bow for each side and hot-glued it to the handle sections . When doing some serious hot-glue work like this I wear silicone finger gloves and have a bowl of cold water on the table in case I get hot glue on my hands.. I really like this natural looking basket and was pleased with the finish. 



This is not a decoration I would do if making the baskets with children, as they will want to try using the glue gun and they can get VERY HOT. 

This nearly wraps up the Easter Basket ideas, I have one more I want to try so back soon. 

Don’t forget to send me pictures of any baskets you make I would love to see them 

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment