Followers

Monday 5 April 2021

File Folders - another great Craft show item

 Hi Crafters

I saw this great idea for a Craft show item on The Posh Paperlady’s YouTube channel. I originally made it from her tutorial but with my own sizing as I wanted larger files for my own use. However if you want to sell them at a Craft sale you will need to make them in the smaller size to be able to present them in an A4 clear pack. 

To Make the pack of 3 file folders you will need:-

6 sheets of 12. X 12 papers 
Some coordinating stickers to embellish the files 
Score board

Each file takes 2 sheets of 12 x 12 so pair up your papers.
Cut all of them to 9.5” on one side  (place the pieces aside to use later)
Then using what will be the 3 front sheets cut them to 7.5”  
The 3 other sheets will be the backs and cut these to 8”

On the front sheet score 1/2” along the bottom edge
On the back piece score 1” from the top edge and then score each of them at 3”,6” down to the 1” score line 
On the front sheet fold and burnish the score line. 
On the back sheet sheet of set 1, cut down the first score line take a small v either side, cut the same. V shape of the left side of the paper and fold the other 2/3rds over and glue down, making the left hand tab 
On the back sheet of set 2, cut the middle section out with the v notches either side and fold & glue  down the left  and right flap leaving a centre tab.
On the back sheet of set 3, cut the right flap off and fold down & glue the 2 sections to the left leaving a right tab
Glue the back section to the front using the scored 1/2” score section to make up your basic file folder
Add your stickers or label decorations 
Use the edges cut away to make a pocket on the back of the file. I like to fold in the 2 sides, and bottom of the scrap piece 1/2” before glueing it onto the file to give more storage space. 

Here are my three completed files.




It should be noted that I have given you the sizes used by the Posh Paper Lady but that my files were made by cutting the papers the 12 x 12 to 11” then the front ages to 7.5 and back to 8 as these will fit an A4 Cello bag. I also made some larger ones to store my paper scraps and these have tidied up my craft room making the easy access to my scrap papers and therefore much more likely that they will get used.




For these i utilised as much of the 12 x 12 paper as possible. I made 3 files, each with a pocket. I have stored the scrap paper as large pieces. Metallic and fancy card, and Christmas. My scraps use to be in a bag thrown under the desk that rarely got used until I had a real recycle session and then would end up making small pouches or die cuts, from them to tidy them up. Now I can easily see what I have available and use the pieces up for efficiently. 
This was a project that not only worked for me but also was something to use up my 12 x 12 papers to make for a Craft sale.
I have put the oriental set on Ebay for 6.50 the set of 3.

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment