Followers

Wednesday 28 April 2021

Quick Recycling Project

 Hi Crafters

Crafting projects have been on hold recently while I have a revamp of my craft cupboard. Having tidied up the boxes and made it so much easier to find items, I decided I needed to roll this out to my dies. 

They were stored in 4 boxes laid flat and although I tried to put them into categories it was never that easy to find ‘that die I knew I had” in one of the boxes. So I treated myself to 2 19lt boxes that hold A4 suspension files. The 2 boxes cost £22.90, the suspension files cost £6.99 and then I needed more magnetic sheets to lay out A4 pages in the file, these are on the way. 

I make my die storage packs with magnetic sheets and double thickness laminated sleeves . All the magnetic sheets need trimming to fit the laminated sleeves and I have a habit of keeping the strips at the side of my desk. This major tidy up left me with a little pile of strips and loath to throw them out knowing how much they cost I pondered and decided to use them for placing the dies I sell on Ebay and then when I send them out they are stable in the envelope. 


I gathered up some scrap card and the magnetic strips, a good pair of scissors and some double sided tape.


Check the dies you have going on Ebay take a piece of card to fit, then lay out your magnetic strips.

Once you have them laid out turn over to the less magnetic side and place your double sided tape on, then layer onto the card



 I used up a lot of the strips and love the idea so much I will definitely be keeping my pieces in the future.

The tidy up produced a number of dies I thought i would part with so they can now be posted securely on the newly made packaging.

So for anyone selling your over buys on Ebay, or perhaps car boot later on, this is a great recycling project that utilises parts you would normally only throw away. A Win Win.

Now I can get to my dies easily and really see what I have I can get back to projects. 

Happy Crafting 

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment