Followers

Sunday 3 July 2022

Anna Griffin in July

 Anna Griffin in July

Project 1 - Die Cutting

Thanks for stopping by for my first share of projects made using ideas from Anna Griffin products and designs.

Of all the dies I have purchased from Anna Griffin range this is my most used die. It is a Easel card die that cuts a base card the top layer to add to the easel base, and a pretty inset that matches the outer shape, There are also some flourishes in the set to add to the decorations you use on the card, and a couple of layering greeting bases. 


It is relatively easy to cut (although you do need a machine with an A4 platform, and the first time I made the card I needed to check out a video to see how it went together as the base card is slightly different to standard easel, you can see in the picture it finishes half way up the card and has a tab end that attaches to the top card layer. 

I wanted to make a wedding card and had all the elements in  my Anna Griffin box of goodies I just needed to add some card 

To make the card you will need:

2 piece of A4 cream smooth card
1 piece of gold card A5
An Anna Griffin Wedding Greeting 3D
Anna Griffin 3D Flowers in cream colour 

First I cut a base card from the outer die 
Then cut a single page topper from layering die
Then with the gold card cut the fancy inner layer 
II then cut some fo the flourishes from the dies that come with the set to add to the flowers when I decorate.


I layered the topper card onto the base glueing along the flap end and attaching the flap to the middle of the topper lining up the two pieces 
Then added the gold inner piece and it is ready to decorate 



         
Glue on the back of the gold panel


Then taking a couple of the 3D flowers and some  of the flourish die cuts lay them on the gold topper until you have a layout you are happy with tans glue them in place
On the base card add your greeting

 I also added a flourish under the greeting 

The card will stand tall tucked behind the greeting
Or lay flat for posting 
And will fit an C5 envelope


I love ethe quality of the finished card using these components. Now we need to see if items available in the Uk can make a similar style of card.

Here I have a set of nesting oval dies and a pretty frame die from my stash.



I used the 4th largest die to make the base card. This was done by folding an A4 piece of card in half and then placing the top of the oval over the edge so it did not cut a small area at the top allowing the 2 sides to remain attached. And then cut another single oval the same size for the top The  2 smallest  ovals were used for the base greeting, and the fancy frame cut in silver to go with the blue background card and flowers. 

The top of the base card is folded in half and the single top layer glued on top with the bottom half unattached so it folds. 
NB When I put these  layers together I did not like the amount of aqua blue on show so I cut another oval in white card one size smaller to give just a small edging of colour card. The silver frame was added to the top


Once the base card was put together the decorations used were from 3D Card Works embellishment packs and a printed card Happy Birthday

Here is the card complete



And folded flat ready to post 


Personally I like the soft cream and gold of the Anna Griffin card but the other easel card is very pretty and a good alternative.

I will be making a couple more Cards using Anna Griffin dies throughout the month, as well as  some projects from her designer papers. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment