Followers

Wednesday 20 July 2022

Stylised Anna Griffin Cards

 Stylised Anna Griffin Cards

Christmas Sleigh & Carousel Cards





Hello Crafters

My next projects are simply Anna Griffin Cards. You either love them or not, and if you love easel cards as much as I do these stylised cards are a must. I make no apologies for adding these cards that require Anna Griffin die sets, there may be other suitable dies that will create a similar look but I find by having a selection of her dies for these type of cards I do not need to add others. Unlike flower, animal or nesting dies where I can use a mixture of makes.

They are not easy to buy in the UK, I have a friend in Canada if I get desperate, but I have managed to get the odd ones from England QVC or Ebay. 

So I now have the basic easel card (the first card shown for this months projects,  and the stylised dies for 
Easel Church Die set
Easel Sleigh Die set
Easel Carousel Die Set
Antique Train Easel Die set

I love them for special occasions as they make a statement and you just need the right base card, as well as mirror card as they all seem to benefit from a layer of shiny card to complete the look. You can then decorate to you choice. Anna Griffin is notoriously feminine in her look, although every now and again a masculine card set will be produced, so the antique train die set is very handy for men, and the sleigh suits any gender or age. 

I have chosen the Santa sleigh and the Carousel to show you 

Firstly the Santa Sleigh



For this you need  the die set
I have then used
2 sheets of red card A4 250 or 300 gsm 
1 sheet of red mirror card 
1 sheet of gold mirror card 
Some scraps of green card 

Cut out the main base case card and then the outline train base card to layer on top
Then cut one layer of base train from the red mirror card
One layer of the filigree train from the gold mirror card
I used the scraps red mirror card to cut the parcels and tree dies that come with the set and they are layered onto the sleigh for added interest
I cut some holly from the green scrap of leaf print card I had  and a greeting using the die that came in the set.
I layered it altogether and placed some small bows on the reindeer neck some pearls for eyes 
And some red pearls to the cluster of holly leaves to finish the card 
I think I could have done a little better with the greeting but overall I do love this card it is cute and very Christmassy. I particularly like this card to use when sending one from our House to Yours, as it is suitable for everyone.
The only downside using this die is you will need to make your envelopes as the size is not readily available in the UK. I used my folio envelope die but you could make it without a die.
You will need a 10” x 12”sheet of paper scored at 1” along the 10” side, Turn and score at 1” top and bottom 



Then cut the top and bottom as shown here



Glue the side flap first followed by the base flap, slightly V the top flap or cut the corners for a tidy finish.

I used a paper from the Sara’s Signature Vintage Christmas pad

The Carousel has been made in the same way
Cut the base Easel card then a top piece to complete the easel. I decided to be a bit more daring than usual and cut the next layer from a patterned paper, for the background piece 
Next I cut the Carousel itself from gold mirror card and another layer of the horses with cream card in case I wanted to colour the mane ( I decided to leave plain in the end). 
I then added some flowers as I thought appropriate, with a matching 3D embellishment on the base to hold the easel card open


These cards are so effective and I enjoy making them. I would definitely add them to my stall if I was doing a craft show. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment