Followers

Wednesday 9 November 2022

More Stars for Christmas

 Christmas Crafting

Stars for Cards & Decorations

Phase 1 ~ Trial & Error


Following on front the star garland and decorations I wanted to continue with my Star theme for Christmas.

As yet I do not have a large 8” star die (although its coming soon), But decided I wanted to try some larger stars so downloaded a template from Pinterest which worked well.

I cut a couple of the larger stars and started to compile some decorations to add.
No 1 : A Shabby Chic star with embossed papers on top and decoration.


I quite like this star it has been made by adding embossed paper to the top and then some silver and white floral decorations.  I like the jute ribbon, but for me it is a little messy and needs heavier backing with another piece of thick card, as the gluing of the paper and embellishments has given it a little curl.

No 2: A note paper background with snowflake circle and holly embellishments 



Again, quite nice, I like the tissue paper background, but the snowflake circle is a little too big for me and makes the centre a little messy.

No 3 : I personalised star 



I Love the concept, the picture is 3 generations of men in my family and is a lovely idea that I will adapt for some personal Christmas cards. The background card star has been embossed and then a simple circle of Christmas type foliage added. Still not 100% happy with it but I know I can use the idea and designs are forming.

That is the thing I love about crafting, I am not usually known for my patience, but when I am trying something new I will keep tweeting until I get it right for me. Right for me may not be to everyone’s taste but thats the joy of making your own cards and paper crafts.

Finally I have a star I made at craft group. We had a week of using up items for the cupboard, hence the lovely tissue paper with music notes, and there was some lovely acetates in the box which i decided to use for my star making. 



This is an acetate star with snowflakes with a silver paper star and a Christmas robin with a simple white star wreath. At last I love the simplicity and finish of this star.

I have really got into using the star dies and will be back soon with some other star cards and decorations. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment