Followers

Friday 27 January 2023

CARD WITH FRAME

 

Stamped Card with a Frame

Today I have my version of a card I saw on Pinterest.It is from “Lost in Paper” Wordpress.com



I really like her version of this style of card, as I am more of a construction paper crafter rather than artist with pen and ink or stamping, I just had to try one for myself. 

But I like mine enough to try it again, and to do the job properly I have sent for a set of frame dies from Positively Papercraft. I particularly wanted the rectangle and the set available on her website has a great size selection of  10 dies  going up to 8.25” by 7 .25” so will allow me to use bigger images on the card. 

The card pictured above uses and A6 card and envelope and the mounted image is on a piece of card 4” x 5.5”. 
The stamp is an old one from Indigo Moon which I love and allowed me to add some colour to the flowers rather than a mono print. 
The frame dies used are old stash and I cannot be certain whose they are, but they worked well for this size card. 

I placed my card onto my stamping pad and lay on the stamp. As the stamp only just fit the card I did not have to worry about spacing just stamped it and then used water colours to paint the flowers 

I let this dry overnight before laying on the frames and cutting them on my SIZZIX machine. 
You will end up with three pieces of the printed card. Place the outer section directly on to your base card, add foam tape all the way around the frame and place carefully butted against the outer layer. I then used pritt stick glue on the inner section as this allows some wriggle room to make sure it is placed properly in the middle. .

My next effort will be with an oval set of dies so that will add another look. I thought I might try a lighthouse with shells adorning the side..

If you have any other ideas for this style of card please click on the FOLLOW button at the top of the page and this will allow you to post comments or questions.



Happy Crafting 
Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment