Followers

Thursday 1 June 2017

MORE LEATHER FLOWERS

I have been busy with the leather flowers and key rings. Some large flower brooches in a design of my own

So no cards have been made for a while.
Although I have made a couple of gift boxes

Has anyone seen anything out there that has inspired them lately?

I have been drawn to stamping techniques and mixed media items, and actually made some leather look card display cards for my brooches. I love this technique
Mix glycerin one in six parts with water and spray onto craft card
Smooth over the craft card with you figures softly rubbing the water in
Continue until the card structure shows colouring and them carefully scrunch the card to make texture
Flatten out, spray again and scrunch
Rub over with distress ink
When dried a little emboss with an embossing folder
Allow to dry

This can then be used as book covers tags etc
It can be finished with glazing spray for a polished leather look

When I finished the three sheets of card I thought they would make great tags to display my leather brooches when doing a craft sale, so left them unsprayed.



Here they are with leather brooches attached






    Until the next blog
    Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment