Followers

Sunday 13 August 2017

Craft Show Taunton

Hi Crafters

Today was the Taunton Sincerely Yours show, it is actually in North Petherton off junction 24 of M5, and has been showing there for a couple of years.

It is unusual to have the show in August, and I only hope this does not mean we will only get one a year as previously we have had one in April/May time and one in November

The show appears to be getting smaller, although stalls are larger. Each visit I tell myself I need nothing but end up spending more than intended, although always happy with my purchases.

First 2 minutes inside and the first stall was Oyster Stamps. I love this seller as they have Heartfelt stamps and dies which are superb for flowers, and I treated myself to the Cascading Fuchsia, which I have been thinking about for some time but always end up buying more practical stamps and die sets. The problem with the fuchsia it really is 3D and will easily be squished in storage. I also bought a new make for me 'Jeanine's Art' die, this was quite fancy and reasonably priced, I thought, at £10
I am going to try this as soon as I finish this post as it looks a wow die.

Next and more practically I purchased some red card for Christmas, some fine glue bottles and a pack of two ink blenders.

I checked out the many stamps available, but did not succumb, I do not know why, because there were so many on offer and some lovely collections, I think with stamps I have to have a project in mind. for some reason it seems more important to have a use for the stamp before purchasing, whereas dies I just have to like them.

Next it was Jelly Bean stall lots of lovely items for a £1 or 11 for £10. Being a frugal crafter this was heaven and I bought gems, ribbon, more card and tape pens, some really lovely bargains.

As always I ran into some other lovely crafters and we chatted mid purchase. They were inspiring and gave me some ideas for future crafting, so hopefully long may the craft shows continue. I guess as long as we all go and spend our money they will be able to continue to come to a town near you.

Back soon with some of my makes
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment