Followers

Sunday 13 August 2017

Night Skies and 3D Cards

Hi Crafters

I have been updating the portfolio and saw that 3D cards were lacking. I had an idea, a card I first made many years ago with a pop-out centre and then a dangly item in the middle, so I looked around for some ideas and what I finished up with was very different.

Using an 8 x 8 scalloped card base, 1 cut a 7" layer to go on top
From this I cut a 5" circle
Then placed this on the base card, masked the outside edges and used my inks to colour the circle with a mixture of blues and a little purple
Next I added glitter glue sports for night-sky stars
Then cut a couple of trees and reindeer with my dies 
Under the circle I placed 2 pieces of card with wavy lines and slid the trees in between
more glitter glue was added to the hills and tree edges for snow
And the reindeer was layered and added to the front

As usual when trying something for the first time I made 2
The second one was even simpler with just one die cut scene, and which I like just as much so this is one of the designs I will use at Christmas  

 
 
This night-sky could be used for other greetings and would be lovely for a fairy silhouette, this has gone into my portfolio for workshops.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment