Followers

Thursday 4 October 2018

12 Days of Christmas Cards Day 1

Hello Crafters


I hope you are all getting ready to start your Christmas Card making, I know crafters out there who make for Christmas Fairs have probably finished now, but this series is for all of you who keep saying you are going to get around to making all your cards this year and have never quite managed it.

You should start by sorting out your Christmas craft stash and taking a good look at what you already have. I have packs of 6" square scalloped cards in white and cream and decided these would be my base card for my makes this year, as this would simplify things.

Then decide a theme for your Cards this year. I have done this by selecting my favourite dies, stamps and embossing folders and letting them fuel my imagination for the designs I am going to use.

You may wish to then set yourself a goal to the number of cards you wish to make and the amount of different designs to use bearing in mind every new design will add production time as you start the process anew for each new layout.

I soon realised that by deciding on mainly die-cutting designs I would be able to produce quite a few cards in a relatively short time. 

The 12 days of Christmas Cards are the designs I came up with once I decided the materials I would use, and I hope they will inspire you to get your stash out and start crafting.

Here is a really simple design to start Day 1



This card uses:
1 Scalloped card white 6" square or 15cm
1 piece of mirra card 14cm x 11cm
1 piece of white card embossed using a 'Crafts Too' embossing folder 13cm x 10cm
a few gems 

The size of the embellishment was decided by the size and shape of the embossing folder

When making in numbers 
Cut all your white card to size and emboss 
Cut all your mirra card pieces 
Take out the number of cards you require based on the number of embossed pieces you have cut
Layer using a wet glue I used Pritt stick 
Then add your gems 
To make another look use chalks or (if you prefer distress inks) to lightly colour the surface
Or add a white or silver bow to the left corner 

Tips: 
  • If you follow the sequence above you can put your embossing machine and cutting tool away ready to compile your cards, giving plenty of space on your craft desk
  • I cut my mirra card centre out to use on other projects for a thrifty use of mirra card which is the most expensive item used. My embossed card sits on a frame of mirra card
By making a production line of the process you can make 10 cards an hour in this simple and effective design


Thank you for stopping by and look out for Day 2, coming soon.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment