Followers

Monday 8 October 2018

12 Days of Christmas Cards Day 3

Hello Crafters

Here we are on Day 3 of the 12 Days of Christmas Cards. The project is certainly keeping me busy and focusing my efforts to design cards that can be made in numbers. At the same time I am tidying my computer files and adding the cards (and later the gifts made for Christmas) to the files.

Day 3 Centre Step Card



Sorry the picture is a little dark, as the day is dark and dismal and if I use a flash the mirra card reflects badly in the light.

For this card I have used the same 6" square scalloped base card
plus: a 12 x 6" piece of background card of your choice - I have used a turquoise and silver card
My favourite die from last year the Reindeer with Merry Christmas, it is so elegant and pretty at the same time, it is difficult to make a bad card with this die. However I cannot think of the brand as I bought it on ebay, but I have checked it out and as of today you can still buy this die on ebay.

To make:
Fold out the card flat. Put your ruler 1" in from the side and cut 1" from the bottom to 7" 
Turn the card over and do the same on the other side 
Turn the card and score from the outer edge to the cutter edge at 1", 2", 7" both sides 
As the card I used is pre-scored I do not need to score the middle section but if you are using plain card measuring 6" x 12" as a base card score the middle of card at the 6" line from the cut edge to the cut edge only 

You will then need to cut the following sized card or paper to cover your card 
1 piece 0.75" x 5.5" for the base 
2 pieces 0.75" x 4.5" for the sides and 
1 piece 3.5" x 4.5" this fits well for the scalloped card, so there is a margin around the layers. If you are using a basic card stock for your card 6 x 12 these should fit but always  measure the panels before cutting and adjust the measurements if necessary

Add your layers with a Pritt stick or glue of your choice
add dimensional tabs to the reindeer and place on the centre of the card 
Decorate the sides and base as desired I have used 2 snow flakes for the sides and a white ribbon 
on the bottom panel as the greeting is already there.
I will definitely be making lots of these this year. 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment