Followers

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Christmas is Coming

Hi Crafters

Well here we are at the end of October and most of you are getting through half-term and starting to think about Christmas as the decorations, gift wrap and cards come into the shops.

I hope the 12 Days of Christmas Cards have inspired some of you to have a go at making your own cards this year. I still have about 30 to make but at the moment I am working on finishing my items for the Christmas Craft Fairs I am taking part in.

As November approaches fast and Christmas Fairs are upon us, my thoughts are with stocking fillers , small gift ideas and decorations

I have 3D stars in every cupboard and spare space I can find, as I have made them to make wreaths, and decorations as well as parcel adornments.

I also make a origami star, and an origami star card. The star card is quite straight forward folding, and I have posted this project for Day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas, while the decorative star a little more complex. The Star Card makes a lovely alternative card that can also be used as a decoration, whilst the decorative star is more of a gift. I had one given to me by a friend after she had received one from her German Exchange friend. They are sold in the German Christmas markets and given to friends at the festive season. My friend said "I love these and I bet you can make them" so with the challenge set I studied the gifted star and worked out how to make one.

I just love the way the bead closes the star up and then works as a way of keeping the star open

As the decorative star is not included in the 12 Days of Christmas Gifts I thought I would give you a peep of it today along with the snowflake decoration. The Snowflake does not fold up but will make a great addition to the Christmas Decorations especially when grouped 




Here they are on the work mat 


The folds on both of these cannot be explained easily without a video so if you want to have a go at making them yourself check out YouTube and Pinterest for tutorials.

Tomorrow we start with a really pretty (but simple) favour for Christmas and then throughout November more gift and decoration ideas in the 12 Days of Christmas Gifts.

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment