Followers

Saturday 13 October 2018

12 Days of Christmas Cards Day 5 Star Card

Hello Crafters

Well if Day 3 was my favourite die from last year, this is my favourite set for this year. It is so versatile, and easy to use. I will show you a few different ways of using it over the next couple of days, so if you like the set you will be able to make multiple cards very quickly.



My set is unbranded, but I believe Stampin Up do a very similar set. I bought several sets as I thought it was so good and we raffled it at the Craft Day I did earlier this week. You can make it with other star dies and swirls if you have them in your stash, but I just had to have the soft atmospheric swirl, although it took me a while to source this stamp so my earlier cards were made with another flourish stamp.

So here is the most simple card I have made with it. It is my favourite and I will be making it my main card this year.





Day 5 Star Card

You will need:
A Star die set
Swirl and greeting stamp
6 x 6 base card   (I told you it was simple)

Stamp the card with the swirl and message
Die cut a set of stars and layer up to make a 3D star 
Place on card and move around until you get the position you like best 
Fix to the card

Ring the Changes : 
  1. Cut the star from a bright mirra card and by layer it for a clean stunning finish
  2. Add a small snowflake die cut to the centre for a different finish to your star.
  3. USe different colour card for the fancy die cut and the base star die cut 
  4. Add some bling to the centre of the star
Hope you enjoy mass producing these as much as I did.

Happy Crafting
Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment