Followers

Monday 22 April 2019

Great Mini Memory Book

Hi Crafters

I have been working on several ideas for mini albums lately. Having made wallet style for the stationery cases, my thoughts returned to memory books.

Several reasons:

  1. There was an article about items lost from cloud storage, which got me thinking about how often we look at our photographs when we store them digitally, as I get older I enjoy the occasional look at photographs in an actual album.
  2. I have a great niece who is likely to move in the next few months and this will probably be the last term at her junior school, and I thought it would be lovely to capture her friends and school days 
  3. There are a couple of family events coming up this summer that I will probably capture on camera and can make memory books to display the photographs in one little book.

So I set about designing a simple memory book to make.

First I tried the conventional style but struggled with the spine. Unless you spend a good bit of time ensuring the spine is firm and well lined up in your book there is a danger of the opening and closing of the book damaging the centre spine. As I did not want a big book to take 40-50 photographs I went for something simpler.

Here is the result 


There are 17 pages 9.5cm wide by 14.5cm high
I have added a few decorations and tags but kept it simple so photographs can be added easily

This style of book takes 6 sheets of 12 x 12 and can be secured with ribbon placed under the fron panels but not across the back or the book will not open.
This one is for my niece and I will make another for me, once you have the  design in your head it takes about 4-5 hours to complete. I do want to cut out some phrases in card, such as memories and friends, that can be added to the pages as the book is filled. 

I then set about making a little case for the book 
As you can see this has not been decorated as yet, I think I will add her name or maybe just pretty cord with dangling embellishment. 

I am looking forward to making another, and expanding the page decorations 

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment