Followers

Sunday 2 May 2021

Sea Horse Box - 3rd make AliExpress stash

 Hi Crafters

Well I am back crafting after my major sort out. Today’s make is from a very lovely seahorse box die. It comes in 2 parts and I think you can buy other end panels to use instead of the sea-horse, but I have lots of box dies and my own templates so just bought this set as I fell in love with the Seahorse.




This is a very simple set to use. There is a box die that cuts out the shape and scores the folding lines 

And then you simply cut 2 of the seahorse panels which have a flap at the base and you fold over the flap and stick to the base of the box.

Here are the 2 dies used.


 The box itself is small but perfect for a couple of fancy chocs or jewellery
You need to secure the seahorse cut-out to the side of the box, or as I have, tie it at the top to keep it together. 
The dies came from Top Expresssions at AliExpress, they came super quick and total cost including taxes was £8.20 for both. You can buy other panels and I am in the processing of adding a bride and butterfly to the collection and maybe a carriage, they cost between 2.80 and 3.80 each 

Having made the box and panel as it is shown I decided to see what else I could do with it. 
So here is a larger box decorated in the same way and a greeting card.



Both have been made with 12 x 12 ocean paper pad from the Range. These basic card pads are double sided and offer great value at £2.99 for the 12 x 12 packs, with 24 sheets. Although the card is not top quality it is perfect for trial projects and backing paper, and is thick enough to make sturdy boxes.

For the greeting card I used 2 sheets of A4 white card that was textured. The first sheet I cut down to 11.5” x 5.75” to fit nicely into my 6” envelopes
I then cut a piece of the blue card from. 12 x 12 sheet to measure 5.5” square, and cut my seahorse from another part of the same sheet. I cut another  piece of white card from the second sheet measuring 5.5”square and then simply layered them up placing the tab at the bottom of the seahorse under the 5” white square before placing it onto the card. I secured the top part of the seahorse with my Glossy Accents glue as it dries quickly and has a fine nozzle. 

I hope you enjoy these ideas and look at your dies to see which ones can be used in the same way.

Dee





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment