Followers

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Making Concertina Books from your stash Style 1

 Hi Crafting Friends

Over the last couple of weeks I have been looking at making mini-books and came across a great way of making them from any size paper pad you have.

The basic style works for 6 x 6, 8 x 8 or 12 x 12 papers, and can be made very quickly leaving lots of time to decorate your book. It is a concertina book with pockets on all the front pages and plain backs for your photographs. 




There are many tutorials on YouTube to make these books and I followed one from Treasure Books, a great lady with some lovely tutorials on journals and envelope books (my next project), it quickly became addictive and I made all three sizes in quick succession.

I have yet to decorate them inside. But thought I would share one I made for a particular friend and decorated ready to send.

To make my version of this book you will need 
4 sheets of 12 x 12 papers of your choice -  I used Fabrika Decoru “Sentimental Story”
1 sheet of 12 x 12 black card

Cut the papers 
The 4    12 x 12 cut to 9” square, save the ends to use in decorating inside
From the black card cut 4 pieces of card 6.5” x 3 5/16” 

For each of the main 4 pieces fold on the diagonal and burnish, fold gently the other way just to mark the centre of the square. Fold all corners to the middle using the folded line as a marker. 
Unfold the corners that are not on the folded line and fold in half 

When all 4 are folded we attach the side triangle to each other to form the concertina 


You now have a mini book with pockets on one side and plain panels on the reverse 

To make the book covers, glue 2 of the black card panels , add one to the outside flap and then glue the other on the other side covering the flap. Do the same for the back flap 




Once the covers are on the basic book is complete. The cover does not go all around as the book needs to open out fully to allow the back panels to be used. I will add a closure by placing an eyelet on the front panel 

In my next post I will show you my page inserts and decorations, and the front finish and closure.

Happy Crafting 
Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment