Followers

Monday 3 May 2021

Shabby Chic Tiles - Another Recycling Project

 Hi Crafters

As its a wet Bank Holiday I thought I would share this lovely idea from GI Kerr. This is my own version but pop along and have a look at her channel on YouTube to see the original.

These are lovely tiles that you can use to decorate your Journals, books or projects





All you need are:

Thick card (I used card from a parcel, you can still see the ridges, but I am quite happy with that)
Pretty papers with small prints and messages 
Glue Glaze such as Glossy Accents

Cover the card with your papers using a standard glue such as PVA add another piece to tidy the back and allow to dry 

Cover the top with Glossy accents and leave overnight before using on your projects 
Gi used a foam card that was beautiful and smooth, but I decided to make this a recycling project and use whatever I had available. Whilst mine have ridges I am not concerned about them, they add to the vintage look.

  I could add a paperclip to the paper I place on the back to make a lovely page decoration for journals etc
Use word tiles for scrapbook pages 
Or simple decorations for mini books as I have on this project


Happy Crafting 
Back Soon
Dee

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment