Followers

Sunday 4 July 2021

Back to Basics - Card 3 Easel Card

 Card 3 in the series Back to Basics 

Easel Card

This really is a useful style as it suits so many genre. I have made them in Steam Punk, Flowers, Botanical and Love themes. 

The trial card was made with a music theme, and this was well finished but I thought the overall colour was a little flat for me so I made another using Boho Banquet Papers from The Paper Tree 



I used 2 sheets A4 card 

1 sheet of 12 x 12 papers from the Boho Banquet pad

A set of nesting label dies 

Using a shaped die I placed the top of the shape over the folded card, making sure there was an amount of card on the fold not being cut.
From the second piece of card cut a single shape the same size as the folded card 
From the decorative paper I then cut 1 pieces the same size as the card and 1 piece the next size down. From the off cuts I fussy cut some of the flowers to layer on the top.

To make:
With the base card fold the top layer of the card in half to met the top.
Glue the folded half and place the single die-cut onto the base making sure it fits perfectly with the base card, I find a wet glue is best for this, as it allows wiggle room. 
Add the large paper die-cut to the bottom section of the card and the smaller die-cut to the top of the card. 






Decorate the top as you wish, I glued on the fussy cut flowers and then covered them in glossy accents to make them shiny. 
Stamp out your greeting and add with dimension sticky pads, I added a layer using my base card so it had a frame, The greeting had the pads and the framing card was attached with double sided tape. You need dimension on the greeting so that the card will sit against the raised greeting to stay open. You could give this ledge with other embellishments if you wish, and add a larger flat piece of plain card to write you message, but as this card looks good stood open I like my base to hold just the greeting and message will be added to the underneath part of the card.  
Here is the finished card laid down for posting


And the trial run card made with the basic card from the Range.


.

Here I used  large Tonic die that was nesting and with designs for each layer, the base layer is a Happy Birthday embossed card and the die cut musicians are from a set purchased from AliExpress a couple of years ago.

Bonus Card
With the pieces of card leftover from this card I made a gatefold card. Lined the inside with another piece of embossed card with Happy Birthday, and put the dancer on the left fold. 




Don’t forget to click the Follow Button at the top of the page if you want to know when new posts are added or make a comment on anything.

Happy Crafting
Dee 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment