Followers

Friday 16 July 2021

Back to Basics - Card No 5 Twist Pop Up

Card No 5 In the Back to basics series for July

 Twist Pop Card

Hi Crafters 

Here I am with the fifth card in my series Back to basics, cards. I am really loving this, as there are so many great cards I had forgotten, and with this series is revisiting quite a few favourites. 

This is a relatively new design and very effective, and once you have made one it comes quite simple. I have not tried to change sizes from the original design as shown on many of the videos, as the size is a basic A6, small but works well. 

I made a trial run, which I can’t show you as it came out well and I gave it to a friend for her birthday knowing she would appreciate the style. So here is the next one made from DCWV Marisota card pad. 

-

As I used a double side card stock I needed no other base card just 2 pieces of 12 x 12.
I used one with one colour print and one patterned sheet, but you could use 2 sheets of A4 and decorative papers.
Cut one sheet of A4 lengthways and fold in half to make the base card. (Piece 1)
Cut the other piece of A4:
Piece 2  3.5” x 10”
Piece 3  3.5” x 8”
Piece 2 fold in half and then fold back in half again making a W shape.
Piece 3 lay down and mark with a pencil 2” from each side top and bottom along the 8” side then turn and score in half at 1.75” . Then score a cross between the pencil marks  .
Fold the lines in the cross and then fold the centre line the other way. The two ends will then fold down to make 2 legs with a triangular top. 

Next line the inside of the card with a plain area to write your message on one side and decorative papers on the other side. 
Lay the card open and take piece 3 laying it into the centre of the car with the top of the triangle just inside the fold line. Glue the triangle and fold the top down. Tuen over and do the same to secure piece 3 to the card 
Next take piece 2 and lay over the open card with piece 3 opened out, centralise the W. 
Once in place lift the right side and glue the top right section only down to the score line
Hold until secure and nearly dry. Take care not to get too. Much glue on this section as it may stop the pop-up action.
Then take the left hand side and glue the underneath section on the bottom left , up to the score line so the glued area are diagonally opposite. Hold and then allow to dry firm
Once dry you can decorate the panels and the front of the card.




As my paper was very decorative I did not add any additional embellishments although I might add an organza bow to the ribbon band.

Back soon with the last of the cards that do not use special tools, before going into die-cutting.

Dee



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment