Followers

Sunday 11 July 2021

Back to Basics Card No 4 - T-Light Box and Card

 Card No 4 in the series Back to Basics

T-Light Box and Card

Today I thought I would change things up a little and we would make a small gift and card all in one. This goes back a long way, and was one of my first construction projects that went beyond just the decorated card, so I wanted to add this to my top ten. 

Again you do not need any fancy tools for this card. As I had not made this for some time I checked out the videos on YouTube but when I made it up it did not really fit my needs. So I adjusted the size of the box and card to hold 4 T-Lights or chocolates rather than 2 that the video tutorial showed. 


This is a lovely way to say Hello or Thank you.
To make you will need 1 piece of A4 card and decorative papers or any decorative papers of heavy quality 

Take one piece of card stock and cut to 21cm x 25cm 
With the 25cm along the top of your score board or mat score at 2cm,4cm,8cm,10cm and mark top and bottom at 14cm
Turn and score at 2cm each side of the paper 
Burnish all your score lines. 

Lay the card out with the 25cm as the width and cut the 2 left corners up to the first score line (2cmsq)
And from the right side cut the scored line off top and bottom to where you marked the 14cm point.
Fold the left side over to form the box 
Glue the left side panel, fold it over and stick it down along the 14cm mark.

I glued the top flap of the box down and left the bottom flaps unglued to fill the box. This will be closed with the ribbon. 

to decorate 
For the card part cut a piece of decorative papers 17 x 10cm and for the box 17 x 3cm 
Add the greeting of your choice to the card section

The card is not very suitable for sending in the post. It is more the type to give directly to say Hi or Thank you for being you.  A Great Teacher ‘Thank you’  card. This size will take 4 T-lights, and I am sure there are many chocolates or bars that will fit as well. 

For my card I used 2 pieces from a paper pad by DCWV called ‘Mariposa’. It is beautiful patterns and one of those pads that you take out the cupboard and then put back because you just can’t bear to use it, but I have decided to try to use up and enjoy these papers. Because I used patterned papers that were card-weight I did not need card stock for the base.

This is the trial one made with card from the Range.

 
Unfortunately this one would only take 2 T-Lights, but could be used for some chocolate bars. 
Hope you have a go at this and leave me any comments.

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment