Followers

Friday 30 July 2021

Back to Basics No 8 - Christmas Embossed card

 No8 Card in the Back to Basics Series

Christmas Embossed and Decorated card

Back with another embossed card. This time I have framed the embossed section with a silver frame, and decorated the corner of the frame with die cut poinsettia and foliage.

NOEL Embossed card with silver frame and white and silver poinsettia and foliage


For this card you will need:
5 x 7 inch scalloped card 
Silver metallic card cut to 4.5” x 6.5” and then cut inside at 1cm to form frame 
embossing Folder of choice. I have used one with Swirls and NOEL in large letters by CRAFTS TOO. 
I have several die sets of Poinsettia I think this is a new set from Crafters Companion with great foliage.
White card for embossing cut at 4.25” x 6.25”
You will have scraps of white and silver card that you can use for the flowers and foliage and I cut lots of foliage thinking I would have spare for a second card but ending up using it all for the one card.

Spritz your white card and put into the embossing folder 
Glue onto the frame
Glue the whole of this to your base card
Die cut your flowers and foliage, using a piece of foam and styling tools shape your flowers.
If you do not have the tools use your fingers and scissors to mould the petals and give them some movement. I find it easier to add the flowers first and then slip the foliage in underneath the flowers. I also run my tool along the stem of the foliage to give it a curl and shape.





We are coming to the end of this series. Just 2 cards to go. 
No 9 will be with you in the next day or so and No 10 soon after. 
August will be a busy time for everyone, but I want to continue the theme of revisiting some of our earlier crafts as well as showing you what I will be putting on my sale table at the Bank Holiday Craft Fair I am attending. 

Happy Crafting
Dee 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment