Followers

Sunday 4 July 2021

Back to Basics No2 - Pinwheel card

 Card No2

Pinwheel Card

This is a cool card as it folds easily for posting and when folded acts similar to a never ending card as you can keep turning it over to reveal the next section.

Again this card is basic in construction and requires no special tools, you can make it with ruler and scissors although I am sure most of you will use your cutters and scoreboards. 

For this card you need
4 pieces of card cut 5” square score each piece at 1 1/2” 
4 Layering pieces of paper - 4 3/4” x 3 1/4”
4 Side layering pieces 4 3/4” x 1 3/4”

Glue the 1 1/2” panel of one sheet and lay another on the table, wrong side up and with the narrow part to the right. 
Place the glued panel up to the score line on the piece laid on the table. 
Repeat for the other 2 panels and then add the panel from the first sheet to the last sheet to form the pinwheel 

Next glue your panels to the sections of the card
Add a piece of plain card to one of the panels for your greeting





You can see from the top photo I added an oval cream piece to complete this card
When you lay the card down it folds flat to post.


This is a simple card to make just cutting and gluing, and produces an unusual and striking card

Here is my second attempt of the same card with a slightly different finish. I have cut the outside corners of the base cards and also the layering panels, to produce a softer look while the colour is much more striking. This card would be ideal for someone who likes their surfing or beach holidays. I have added a silver die-cut Happy Birthday and a plain side panel to write your greeting 


I mentioned in my introduction to this series that when I did a trial run and then made my final version I would post both. With this card the trial was done on quality card from a digital kit by Gi Kerr (Happiness in Crafting on Etsy) and then I wanted a brighter card and used the basic card pad from the Range to make this second card. I think the pinwheel design is good with a bright stand out base colour. 

Hope you are all crafting along with me.

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment