Followers

Monday 2 August 2021

Back to Basics Card No 10 Bookatrix Easel card

 Last in series of Back to Basic Cards

Bookatrix Easel Card

Hi Crafters 

This last card in the series is an old style with a new twist. 



When I started out making paper crafts 15+ years ago and the first Craft programmes came on the tv, there were a couple of ladies called the Glitter Girls who brought out a series of boards that enabled crafters to emboss card without an embossing folder or light-box. You followed a series of lines with a ball tool to make the embossed impressions.



So before I had my SIZZIX Bigshot and boxes of embossing folders and dies I had a collection of these boards.My favourite was the Bookatrix and I enjoyed using it. Then I moved on to dies and folders, and sold my boards on Ebay. Some years later I wanted to have another go at book pages and bought another Bookatrix board to put back into my craft stash. 

The other week I was checking out some YouTube videos and saw Sam Calcott making an easel card with the Bookatrix front. I remembered I had a Christmas card made with the Bookatrix board and pulled it out the cupboard, reworked it and added the additional page to make it into an easel card with a Book front.


This has been made with red Mira card, cream card and gold card
The three book pages are 3 sizes (like nesting dies) and have been made from 2 sheets of A4 Red Mira Card and one piece of cream card. The oddments are used to make the base oval layers.

The left side is decorated with Anna Griffin holly leaves and flourish and the right side has been made using a die and gold Mira card. 
My book fitted well onto a piece of A4 flat gold card scored at 12cm, 18cm and cut at 24cm. 

You may have a Tonic die or Spellbinders page die that would cut the pages for you or some nesting dies that can be scored down through the middle to make your pages. I will link Sam’s video for you to see the process to make it into the easel card


 The video takes you through the process to put the easel card together . These cards will fold flat to go into an envelope but it will be a thickness that incurs a large letter charge to post, so is best kept for those cards you give directly. You may also present the card in a box or a box envelope.

Back soon with a series of show and tell of gift boxes, bags, Journals and gift ideas for Craft Shows.

Dee
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment