Followers

Sunday 8 August 2021

Hello to Craft Shows

 Craft Shows

Hello Crafters 

Yeah to Craft shows being back with us. I have missed going to the Craft shows in Exeter and the Bath and West show ground which I have attended quite regularly to check out the new craft items, keep up with trends and rejuvenate the inner crafter. Occasionally I would attend Birmingham.

I also have my first Craft Fair booked for August Bank Holiday and I am currently preparing my makes for the table. I have attended Craft Fairs for many years and they are all a learning curve. Craft is my hobby so it is only very local fairs that I attend not the bigger venues as I do not make enough to display at these. Over the years I have learnt to focus my table on specific area of craft, and the fair I am attending at the end of August is strict on all items on your table being hand crafted.

So over August I will be showing you the items I have been making for the show, and at the end of the month I will show my mock up of the table. After the show I will give you a run down of how the items sold and what I shall be doing for the November Fair which will be more geared up to Christmas. 

Some of my favourite bloggers and Youtubers are doing Christmas in July videos and I will also talk about any I have seen that may be worthwhile checking out.

For my first show and tell I have a trinket box.


I just love these to make and sell.
They only sell at craft shows as they are not worth posting out. I did try them on Etsy and Ebay, and maybe if I make a collection for Christmas I will try grouping them for sale again, but I am excited to show them at the fair. 
I make 3 sizes:
Sml that will take a single chocolate (such as Ferraro ) or would make a perfect ring or brooch box.
Medium will hold pk of chocolates/sweets, bracelet, perfume etc
Large box can be used as a jewellery box, make-up holder, 

A pretty way to gift anything. 
The boxes are made with origami folds making the base, hot-glued down, this makes a simple open box, it can be used like this,  a lid can be made to finish it.


I decorate the sides with embellishments and finish the lid with a bead top.  
These boxes can also be used to store your bits and pieces such as earrings, paperclips etc

Back soon with the next craft show make.


Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment