Followers

Sunday 19 September 2021

Tidying up the Craft Room

 Hi Crafters


SInce lockdown I seem to have a thing about tidying my craft boxes. I have had every box out of the cupboard and emptied, tidied and reclassified everyone. As there are over 30 boxes from 5lt to 25lt thats an awful lot of tidying over the months. It now seems like a regular occurrence anytime I have spare time out comes another box. The great thing about that is you get to see some lovely items you have forgotten you had and you get inspired to try new things. I am not sure the craft stash goes down that much as i manage to fill the spaces made from the tidy ups, quite quickly, as the next inspiration has me ordering new dies or papers to use on the projects.

I have recently come across an old kit of Wine Buff papers. They were purchased as a CD and my printer was not up to the job at the time so I had to rely on someone else printing for me so never really used it to its potential. Having said that there were some great aspects to the kit and so I have popped them on Ebay as someone else may wish to try them. 


I also sorted out some Create & Craft card kits and put a job lot on Ebay as there are some great quality cards and card sheets that could be used for lots of different projects. One other item I found was a whole Anna Griffin card kit new in the box. Now I have a large box specifically storing Anna Griffin papers dies and embellishments but these were in another area completely so had been forgotten. As I have made up about 20 Anna Griffin cards either from a kit or from the very pretty easel die set I have from her range I decided to pop the kit on Ebay. It seems Anna Griffin is as popular today in the Uk as ever, even though you cannot buy her kits easily as she is seldom in the country. The Pulley Card Kit made 20 cards and sold within an hour. It is the quickest sale I have ever made on Ebay, and it got me thinking that maybe I could do a class making Anna Griffin style cards. 




As I am currently looking to book a couple of dates in the local hall I may make this one of the themes for  one of the days, and for the other I was going to do Gift wrapping. Gift boxes and bag ideas. Hopefully that will be Christmas sorted. 

Here are some of the Anna Griffin style cards finished today after sorting out the box. I had made all the toppers but had to cut all the easel bases. Now they are finished and can go in the card box for use or selling.


I am looking forward to getting back to doing classes again, and am working on structuring the time as well as possible to ensure that all levels of crafters are catered for, and everyone who attends gets to take home something they are pleased with and hopefully will make again on their own. 

Happy Crafting

Dee


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment