Followers

Monday 29 August 2016

CRAFTING ON TV

Hi Crafters

Its another Bank Holiday, so for us working crafters an opportunity to grab some hours in the craft room. As the weather was no good on Saturday I actually tuned in to crafting on TV. Hochanda had a birthday special and I was drawn to the new Die Sire dies for Christmas. I taped another programme and bought a couple of dies earning a lovely £5 discount.
What I liked about seeing the promotion programme was a whole set of ideas on using the dies.
A couple of weeks ago I bought 2 dies from Create & Craft in their sale and I have still to find more than one idea on, You Tube, Pinterest or blogs to use the dies.
I know I am a crafty crafter and have over the last ten years spent a lot of money on my craft items but I am still amazed at the programmes on Create and Craft that seem top heavy with large package sales from £50 - £130 a time. I know they often sell the items individually and do good demonstrations but I miss the early days when a package included the papers to work with as well as embellishments. That is probably why I purchased the Anna Griffin box of goodies at half price, from the Craft Channel, I was delighted to see Anna Griffin on the TV and purchased her pop-up Christmas kit it really was a fabulous buy. If you make a lot of cards for family and friends these worked out at 56p a card including  postage and for her designs and quality embellishments I was one happy bunny.

When the DieSire dies come I will try out the designs to see how well they cut as they are very intricate, the demo looked good with the Gemini machine, while  I have the Big shot and Big shot plus. In the meantime I am making an album as my stock seems to have diminished, and I am down to 3.  Here is one I had finished but had not decorated the front and I used Anna Griffin papers and flower with a simple ribbon bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment