Followers

Saturday 11 August 2018

Ideas on Using a Single Flower die

Hi Crafters

I am starting to plan and work on Christmas projects so this is a quick post today.

I thought I would show you a couple of ideas on how to use a single flower die, not the type that build a flower but the flat cut out style die 
Die measures approx 3" x 2"
This die actually has 2 sections an outer die that cuts the basic shape, an inner band that cut an outline and the centre flower 



So the idea is to mix and match the shapes by cutting them out in coordinating colours such as coffee and cream, pink and purple etc,

Here I have used it by putting 3 along the edge of a card


And here I have cut it out in vellum and silver mirra card as I needed it to stand out on an "impossible card"


Check your stash of dies and you will probably find one of this type in amongst them. I had forgotten this one and yet it is so simple and easy to use. Now I have retrieved it from the bottom of the box I will also use it to edge my shabby chic folders I make from large envelopes and to decorate boxes and tags.

I would love to see any card or projects you make.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment