Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Bank Holiday Crafting

Hello Crafters

Here we are at the end of another Bank Holiday and what a busy few days for me.

After cleaning out the craft room over the last few weeks I had a stack of items that needed sorting and ruthlessly went through my stash of dies and stamps to look at any I had not used for a long time or indeed ever.

I then did a car boot on Saturday. Now car boots are not what they use to be but I went off quite happily to set up in windy warm weather. The local car boot at Burnham was humming and I was in the 4th line of cars out of a staggering 9 lines (over 200 sellers that day). My pitch was quite good and I displayed my cards, dies flowers etc. The wind did not allow a small stand of embellishments as they were too light to stay put on the table. 

I took the information gathered from YouTube about setting up and engaging with as many people as possible. I stayed standing most of the day and only sat in the car to have a quick bite. It seemed to work well and I had a good day. It is interesting that a lot of advice for craft shows works at Car Boots.

On Sunday I went to the Sincerely Yours Craft show at North Petherton (Junction 24 of the M5) and spent the money I had made on Saturday but felt very good about my purchases having earned it. The show was quiet, the weather was awful. I do question whether a show on Bank Holiday weekend at a venue just off the busiest part of the M5 really does the sellers justice. Most locals within 50 mile radius know not to venture onto the M5 particularly between Junction 24 and and 21 due to the  continual tailbacks and queues of stopped traffic. Add to that a lot are enjoying the last chances to get away and crafting is down the list of family things to do. I hope the sellers did well enough to come back again as it is always good to see them in this area.

Monday I decided to finish what I started on Saturday and do  another car boot. My husband assured me the weather forecast was stating less than 5% chance of rain and the skys clearing from Midday when the sale started. Being a Bank holiday I left in plenty of time and then sat and waited for things to happen. The wind blew and the clouds stayed with us, there were a few drops of rain and all in all it was miserable weather. However I set up, hung on to everything on the table and chatted to buyers as they made their way past my stall.  It was much quieter than Saturday with half the sellers and fewer buyers but the sales  overall were not too bad. I  saw a few friends I had not seen for a while and talked to new acquaintances, so it was worth it. Plus I made room for my Christmas crafting, and for the preparation of my Craft days. 

I cannot go without showing some more of the decorated paperclips I made in between all the other events of the weekend. I will be selling these on Etsy and later on making some in Traditional Christmas colours as I think they make great place settings. If you add the paperclip with the guests name to the napkin, and then they get to take home a pretty memento of the day.  Or you could add a photograph of the guest  on each side plate using the clip .

Pink Mauve and Silver ribbon with pink and pearl embellishments 
Gold and Cream ribbon with Gold and Diamante embellishments 

Napkin folded and Name tag added with Decorated paperclip


Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment