Followers

Thursday 16 August 2018

The Quickest & Easiest envelope for 3.5" Cards

Hi Crafters 

I recently made some wallet stationary sets and inside the wallet are 4 cards 3.5" square.

They fit the wallet beautifully but I was struggling to make an envelope for this size card.

I needed 6.25" square paper but not having an envelope maker with the scoring sides ended up using a wrapping system, not 100% successful. 

Then doing another thing altogether I needed DL envelopes for the letter. It suddenly dawned on me that they were the height I needed, so I measured them and realised I could adjust  them to make 2 envelopes to fit my cards.

The demonstration below is with very cheap Tesco envelopes but you could use pretty coloured envelopes or quality white /cream DL envelopes from a good Stationers.

Start by cutting the envelope in half this is usually 11cm each half 

Then fold the cut side over by 1cm 

Next cut the bottom of the envelope where you have made the 1cm fold and fold both halves into the envelope to make a clean edge

Next mark and cut the edge of the top of the main envelope to match the other side (see pencil mark), and glue the folded flap down. I use Pritt Stick for this as it is strong and allows a little wiggle room 

Now all you need to do is cut the flap to match the other side and I do this by pinching the top over in one hand and cutting around to match both sides 

You now have an envelope perfect for your 3.5" cards and at a fraction of the time and effort to make from scratch plus you have the sticky at the top .


I will post my Stationary sets to show you how I used these envelopes, soon.
Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment