Followers

Saturday 9 February 2019

Flower Basket made with foam flowers

Hi Crafters

Following my post a couple of days ago, here is a basket of flowers, where the flowers have been made with foam, instead of paper

They are all cut using dies and then heat treated with a heat gun to get the movement on the petals. the petals are then placed into a FLEUR shaping tray for easy finish.

I invested in the tray as it was well demonstrated on TV, although at that time I had not bought any foam.

Although I do not use it often, my preference still being for card, I do love the shape of the flowers when made this way.


These flowers and leaves are made using unbranded dies.
The basket is a 6" square made up in the same way

The foam gives a more vibrant colour, whilst the paper have a more earthy look 
I like the idea that a basket of flowers can be made with dies and your tools or entirely by hand if you are not a ardent crafter, giving an opportunity to make the baskets with friends, children and groups who come together socially.

Dee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment