Followers

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Greeting Card Folder

Hi Crafters

While preparing cards for the Craft Day I made the 8 section folder (see post 1st Feb) and mentioned a card folder that I had seen on YouTube

Here is my version



The folder is very simple to make
it used just one piece of double sided 12 x 12 card stock
Or 1 piece of card stock and another piece of 12 x 12 paper to cover
I used double sided card


  1. Cut the 12 x12 sheet to 12 x 8.5" Score the card at 6", turn and score at 2.5"
  2. Fold the 2.5" up, and this makes the basic folder shape
  3. In the centre of the 2.5" flap cut a small V to make it fold up tidily
  4. Using extra strong tape or wet glue stick the side of the flaps down
  5. This folder will hold 4" square cards and envelopes easily.The ones used on this project are 12cm cards and matching envelopes which is the largest size to fit .
  6. I have used a pad of 12 x 12 card from the Range, where I managed to find coordinating paper pads to cover the cards to match
  7. To hold the front cover together I have used the strip of spare card attached to the back and brought forward
  8. Then attached a scalloped circle punched piece of card on raised on one side by pads so the flap can be tucked underneath
  9. The scalloped circle measures 6cm and is weighted down by the Santora enamel frame
  10. You could simply use ribbon or a magnet catch if you have them in your stash.
  11. I have covered 6 cards 3 with the same print as the folder and 3 with a coordinating paper from the same pad.   

It makes a lovely gift and at Christmas I will make them with Thank you Cards in so young ones can write their Thank you cards quickly and easily.

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment