Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2019

NEW FLOWERS

Hi Crafters

I have always enjoyed making flowers of all shapes, sizes and material. I recently came across a new ribbon flower and thought I would try it.

It is relatively easy to make, with good results. So I made a few for different uses


You need 
50cm ribbon 
stamen 
felt
clip

Mark the ribbon at every 10cm
Sew along one short end and then along the length of the ribbon
When you come to the 10cm mark, stitch the width of the ribbon and back to the long side
Keep doing this at each 10cm mark 
When you get to the end, pull up the cotton and ruffle the ribbon, stitch the two ends together.
Draw the ribbon into a circle and stitch across sides to hold it together 
Push the stamen through the centre
On the back side use a hot glue gun to secure the stamen and cover with a small piece of felt
Sew or hot-glue your bar-brooch pin, stick pin or clasp

I made one into a pin brooch



A couple into a handbag adornment with a claw-clasp



1 into a brooch or hair adornment with a crocodile clip 
I also made one into a pretty paperclip which I used in a new album I have made
More about that in another post

Enjoy

Denise

To subscribe to this blog just click on the FOLLOW button at the top of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment