Followers

Thursday 2 May 2019

Page embellishments

Hi Crafters

As promised on my post 28th April, here are the page embellishments, made before my trip to Denman


To give you an idea of how it works here are the 2 shapes on a folded piece of paper 


These are lovely additions to junk journal or scrapbook pages
Or can be used on their own as paperclips or bookmarks.

These are made using mainly recycled materials. 
Take 3 pages of a paper book and glue together with pva glue or Pritt Stick (I did several large sheets in one go)
Put aside to dry
Once dry; using any layering dies that you have cut 2 sizes of the die from the pages
Using any scraps of papers you have in your scrap bin cut them in 2 sizes as well
Layer them onto cut out book pages and again leave to dry
I have rubbed distress inks on the edges to distress then a little 
Add very strong double sided tape to one side of the smaller shape and stick to the top shape.
Embellish with any odd bits you have in your stash.

It is a great way of using your scraps and recycling.

I fell in love with them and made them for swaps to take to Denman, it was lovely sharing them with other crafting ladies in the group.


I hope you will have a go at making them yourselves
Next time I will show you how to use up your scraps to make altered paperclips.
Dee   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment