Followers

Thursday 30 May 2019

ORIGAMI CRANES & BUTTERFLIES

Hi Crafters

Something new today

I thought I would share my origami cranes and butterflies with you.
The cranes are lovely, and the butterflies are simple to make (they are not technically origami as they are made from 2 pieces of paper) but are very useful additions to the e,belllishment box, as they decorate a parcel or project beautifully and can be laid flat for posting.




I have made both of these from Origami paper which has a different composition to standard craft papers   generally the 6 x 6 pads of craft paper will do, but if you want a very clean finish for something special it is worth investing in origami papers.

Before making these I made 20 cranes from 4 x 4 papers and 20 from 6 x 6 papers, these were made
 to donate to the peace museum at Hiroshima. 

If you would like to learn how to make them, and perhaps donate some yourself, watch this spaace.
We are hoping to hold a workshop to for anyone who likes the idea of making the cranes and would like to add to those being sent to Japan.

More info as soon as I have it

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment