Followers

Tuesday 4 June 2019

A New Journal _ Using Surplus Envelopes

Hi Crafters

Another wet afternoon, so another project.

Having made the Vintage Journal I thought I would try something more straight forward with a new paper pad.

My first attempt was very messy as I was not following a particular pattern, so having scrapped it, I planned the next one a little before commencing.

First I layered 2 A5 brown envelopes together and covered them with papers from a Paper Boutique Pad of 12 x 12 papers.

I was quite happy with the result and decided they they would hold photo mats nicely.
So  I added some white card mats and used round tags glued to the top as tabs.

Next I took an A4 Black envelope ( I had a set of A4 of Monocrome cards and Envelopes and these were the leftovers). I folded the envelope in half and cut down the flap in the centre to have a pocket with a flap on the right side while the left side I covered in matching papers from my pad and made a pocket.  
I also covered the front and back in the pretty papers and used some tape for the spine section to strengthen it.




I then made a mini book to add to the pocket and decorated the outside with matching papers tied with bakers twine with added beads  The right side now has a large pocket to hold photographs Journal tags, or memorabilia, plus the envelope pockets with photomats, whilst the left side has a mini  book with 8 sides



Lastly I made an elastic button closure to hold the folder together. I then spotted 2 pretty blue 'Swan' paperclips I had made and clipped them on the elastic 
Put it altogether and I have a very pretty little journal/memory book, which I will be putting in my Etsy Shop. It would make a great Teachers Gift.


I hope this has inspired you to have  a go
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment