Followers

Saturday 1 June 2019

Something Different - A Shabby Chic Journal Folder

Hi Crafters

I loved making this Shabby Chic Folder. I saw an idea on YouTube to make a folder with an envelope (an opportunity to recycle) and just started with the envelope and let the ideas come to me as I went along. There is no template for the project as it was created freely as ideas flowed.

It used some new techniques that I have been meaning to try.
First of all I needed to age some pages from an old book. I used coffee to do this. Be sure to use plastic gloves as the coffee will give you the look of nicotine stained fingers otherwise.

Having folded the envelope to give me the leafs I wanted, I  let the papers dry and then stuck them on the sections of the envelope. I distress inked the edges and then decided some plastic tape (bought in Germany whilst on holiday) would look good on the edge and make it stronger.

I then chose some vintage prints to cover the sections and add colour, these were also distressed around the edges to blend in.


Next I looked at items to add to the folder



As you can see I made several bits and pieces 
Starting from the top left:

  • A notebook made with covered stained pages. The inside is made from standard copy paper folded and sewn into the case
  • A smaller notebook has been made using the strips of paper cut to make the bigger notebook and this is underneath next to the pink tag
  • At the back of the folder there is a vintage notelet/envelope.
  • In the bottom front of the picture are 2 covered paperclips
The way the envelope is folded there is a secret pocket in the front, as the flap is actually a double pocket
I have placed the small notebook in the front pocket and the large notebook in the main left section of the folder
On the right side sits the 'post envelope' and the flap holds the 2 paperclips


The folder is held together with ribbon that is stuck to the back of the folder to secure it.

Anyone subscribing to my blog during June & July will go into a draw and the winner will get this folder complete with contents. 
I will also be adding other items I make during the 2 months to make an interesting parcel.

To subscribe just click on the FOLLOW button at the top of the page
Dee 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment