Followers

Monday 24 June 2019

Recycling a Ribbon Reel

Hi Crafters

Yesterday I finished a reel of ribbon, you know the large Christmas ribbon about 5cm wide.
I threw out the reel in the recycling bin as it is all cardboard. Then today when I was passing it, I thought I must be able to make something with that.
And here it is.


A pretty pin cushion for the desk, recycling the ribbon reel and using up a few bits of fabric and lace from my stash.
The centre fabric, base and top was put on with Pritt stick, whilst the lace was added with my hot glue gun. All in all it took about 1.5 hours, so a great crafting session. 

I will be thinking about recycling items for future projects, I always keep my cereal box card for covers etc, but this is the first time I have recycled a reel.

Any questions or suggestions for recycling projects please subscribe by clicking on the follow button at the top of the page, you can then leave comments.

Happy Crafting
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment