Followers

Friday 28 June 2019

Christmas in June

Hi Crafters

Well here we are and all the craft channels have had or are having their 'Christmas in June', programmes.

So on our hottest day so far I have joined in and made my first 14 Christmas cards.

These were actually quite time consuming to make as I had no idea what I was going to do when I started several days ago. I had cleared out cupboards and sorted through all the Christmas stock I was holding. I decided to use up some of the items I had before started new projects. My new system is to look at what needs to be used up and design a project around the items.

I had some lovely lazer printed cards. Whilst they look great as they are they are in need of some decoraton and yet there is the dilemma of whether to line the laser cut out front or not. And if so, do you try to line the paper or card to the thin edge of the front or to the full piece at the back. I ended up with some of each.

Next I had some leftover Anna Griffin embellishments and decided to use these as well as some greeting toppers I bought on clearance.  

First day I lined up card and paper to line the cards

Second Day I positioned the embellishments to a design I liked.

Today, I put it all together, stuck everything down and finsihed each card ready to use. 

A little busier than my ususal cards but it is good to try new things. 

The front lazer cut has the greeting Happy Christmas From Me to You.

 Having added the embellishments to the front of the card I needed to make an area to right on so I cut a scalloped circle with my Bigshot. These are large 8 x 8 cards.
A great tidy up and 14 cards from the oddments.

I have been checking out a few dies on the Christmas shows on Hochanda and like the Spellbinder sets but they do look a little fiddly. If anyone has seen them or tried them out please let me know how you got on.

Happy Crafting 
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment