Followers

Wednesday 19 June 2019

More Ribbon & Chiffon FLowers

Hi Crafters 

I have been making yet more flowers. This time from Chiffon & Ribbon.

Having recently attended a chiffon flower workshop with Carolyn Stroud at Woolavington, it re-lit my enthusiasm for the chiffon and ribbon flowers I have made.

I learnt some useful layering techniques and also sewing beads for the centres rather than a larger embellishment I have used in the past. There was a great selection of colours for the chiffon to use on the day, and we had some tips on sourcing the materials etc, so all in all a great morning.

This is one of the flowers I made on the day and it was made using different sized circles. The beads I added at home in the evening.



I love the purple and cerise with just a hint of gold.

Having made some more chiffon flowers I sat and sewed some ribbon flowers whilst watching tv.
I previously posted the original ones I made using 50cm of chiffon ribbon
The recent makes take it a step further and use 3.5cm wide and then an inner set of petals from coordinating ribbon 2cm wide, with pink and white stemen


Next the same ribbon but with a centre of tiny flower cluster of pearl centred flowers and dark pink & grey stemen.

I think this is my favourite.

I still have a couple of designs in my head with these ribbon flowers, I will post them as soon as I have made them 

All of the flowers have a circle of felt sewn on the back and either a bar brooch pin, crocodile clip or hook clip added
They can then be used to decorate bags, as hairclips or corsage brooch.
 Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment