Followers

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Selling at fayres

.
Selling At Fayres

(I cannot believe it is 5 years since setting up my Blog and not adding anything new)

So much has happened with my crafting in the meantime. Including taking part in my first craft sales. When I learn how to video properly I hope to post to 'You Tube' as I have picked up so many tips for selling at fayres from other crafters who have kindly posted their ideas.

Selling is a very different process to holding workshops or making for family and friends, and it took me a while to get the right layout for the table and concentrate on Point of Sale and presentation.

For last Christmas my table had
Square Christmas Cards 
Pop Up Cards,
Teepee Cards
Paper Baskets
Boxes with T-Lights
Mini Books 
Gift Card Holders
Gift bags and Boxes
Covered Notebook
Santa letter pack
Christmas Chocolates


The sale went well in that I met some other crafters, made enough money to pay for more craft goodies and made room in the craft room to add new makes, plus found what sells and what does not. 

I love to make mini albums but they do not sell as well in the UK as they do in USA. Other basic 
items such as gift bags, boxes and cards are a struggle to sell as people think they can make them themselves. A couple of ideas to get over these hurdles 
1. Step up my game and produce really pretty gift bags and boxes

2. Offer multi-buys. I did this with the pop-up cards and it worked well
if you have any other ideas on improving the layout or selling techniques please let me know

3. Restrict the number of different items on a table, to concentrate the eye of the buyer

4. Try to get a reputation for a specific item that people will come to your table for. Hopefully next time to are selling they will make a beeline for you to see your new items.

5. Keep ahead of the trends, and introduce new ideas and designs all the time. My teepee cards sold well last year as people had not seen them around. Crafters often want to buy to get try the design for themselves, it is all sales.

I am still working full-time so my blogs may not be as often as I would like, but | will try to keep up a bit better than the last 5 years.




The pictures were taken at the craft show. Not great quality but alas my video is too noisy and the one I did at home has a husband shouting from the other room and rustling in the background. I will try again at the next fayre. 

I would love to get your comments as its all a learning curve. 
Dee


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment