Followers

Sunday 29 April 2018

Faceted Pillow Box (Large)

Hi Crafters

Another project from the Crafters Companion DVD
I saw this and had to try it out as the finished product is fascinatingly different from anything I have done before.

It took several tries with scrap card first. In fact I had 2 false starts before getting it right and then scrapped the third and made a fourth, in good quality card. I use the colourful and cheap 12 x 12 pads from the 'Range' to do trials as they cost £3.99 for a 24 sheet double sided pad, so perfect for this.
The downside of the pads is the quality means they crack on hte scored lines.

The good news with this project is that it uses 2 pieces of card 11.5" square so instead of using my precious A3 card I can use my 12 x 12 pads


As you can see this is a real showpiece

I would say you need to have some experience of card crafting to make this work as I not only  printed the instructions I had to revisit the DVD to see where I had gone wrong.

Having said that this, I then managed to redesign the box for a smaller version with 2, 8 x 8 pieces of card and this is a more practical size, which I will probably use quite a lot.

Even more pojects to follow


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment