Followers

Saturday 7 April 2018

The Sew Useful Bags

Hi Crafters

Back to sewing now. With some new bags for holidays. I have made a few shoe bags and a couple of lingerie bags for sale on Etsy. 

The bags are simple but very handy for holidays and home storage. I always use shoebags when packing for holiday so that my good clothes are not next to worn shoes, and its great to have a lingerie bag to match. Knickers can be rolled up and placed in the lingerie bag and then the bag goes straight into the drawer when we get to the hotel or cabin. If you want to be super organised you can use the lingerie bag as a nightdress case to keep the room tidy.

The bags are quick to make with the shoe bag having a drawstring top, and the lingerie bag a magnetic clip on the flap. They can be made in an hour, and the selling price is more dependant n the cost of the fabric used. 

Here are the 2 styles I have made so far.

Standard:

These are made from a merchandised cotton with ribbon drawstrings 

Luxury


Made from heavy cotton with a Regency Print with some top stictching and cotton cord drawstring

All are available in my Etsy store and make a great gift, when you put 2 shoe bags and a lingerie bag together  

I think I would like to try a bag for my great neice next, perhaps a shoebag with a cat on??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment