Followers

Monday 18 June 2018

Lantern / Pull up Card

Hi Crafters

Looking around YouTube I came across this new style card

I had to try it as it is so different to anything else

It is not difficult, basic cutting and layering, plus a little stamping, but it is time consuming, so definately one for someone special

You can get good instructions from Mixed up Cards on Youtube or search 'pull up card'

Tip:
The tricky part is securing the ribbon as you have four sides in the way whilst trying to feed ribbon and glue the various layers. You may find it easier to leave one side of the centre cross unglued until the ribbon loop has been added and then finish by securing the cross piece.







This is the first card I  made in pretty pink card and flower toppers I stamped directly onto the card in a couple of sections for the greetings.

Then checking the instructions I saw the one made on You Tube had 3 layers so made the second card, also a birthday card, in these pretty shades of blue

For the Blue card I used:

2 pieces of A4 card 
1 piece of A4 silver mirra card
3 pieces of A5 paper 


These cards will fold flat to fit into a 6 x 6 envelope 


Why not have a go I would love to see the finished item 

The Blue card is available to buy on EBay 

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment